Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

BUSINESS NEWS

British Mining Company ‘Cluff Africa’ Returns to Zimbabwe

Caledonia Mining Plc Expects Reduce in Profits Amid Rising Costs

Excitement reverberates through Zimbabwe’s mining sector as British mining powerhouse, Cluff Africa, announces its return to the country to forge a groundbreaking partnership with Mutapa Investment Fund. The focus? Mining lithium in Mberengwa, a venture set to reshape Zimbabwe’s industrial minerals landscape and inject vitality into its economy.

Chairman of Cluff Africa, Mr. Algy Cluff, alongside his delegation, embarked on a pivotal journey to explore investment opportunities in Zimbabwe. Their meeting with Foreign Affairs and International Trade Minister, Dr. Frederick Shava, marked a milestone in the resurgence of foreign investment interest in the country.

This reunion stems from an invitation extended by President Mnangagwa during a historic encounter at the coronation of King Charles III last year. President Mnangagwa’s call to reinvest in Zimbabwe resonated deeply with Mr. Cluff, who expressed a desire to revive mining operations in the country, building on his pioneering legacy with Freda-Rebecca mining company in Bindura.

The partnership envisaged between Cluff Africa and Mutapa Investment Fund signifies a strategic alliance poised to unlock Zimbabwe’s vast mining potential. Under this agreement, Cluff Africa is set to own 65 percent, with Mutapa Fund holding the remaining 35 percent, showcasing a commitment to inclusive growth and shared prosperity.

What’s more, Cluff Africa’s pledge to allocate 10 percent of its shareholding to workers underscores a dedication to empowerment and equitable wealth distribution—a commendable initiative applauded by stakeholders.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Minister Shava hailed the visit as a testament to Zimbabwe’s successful re-engagement efforts, highlighting the country’s readiness to embrace mutually beneficial partnerships with international investors. With the specter of past challenges behind, Zimbabwe emerges as an attractive destination for investment, offering stability and boundless opportunities for growth.

For Mr. Cluff, this return to Zimbabwe represents a homecoming of sorts—a resurgence of his pioneering spirit that first took root in the country’s mining sector in 1980. His vision for substantial investment in industrial minerals heralds a new era of economic prosperity, poised to unleash a steady stream of revenue over the next three to four decades.

The Cluff delegation’s visit to Mberengwa, coupled with their thorough due diligence, underscores their commitment to understanding the intricacies of Zimbabwe’s mining landscape. With a focus on sustainable and efficient operations, Cluff Africa is poised to contribute to Zimbabwe’s economic revival while fostering positive change within local communities.

As Zimbabwe welcomes back Cluff Africa with open arms, the stage is set for a transformative partnership—one that promises to redefine the trajectory of the country’s mining sector and pave the way for shared success and prosperity.

For comments, Feedback and Opinions do get in touch with our editor on WhatsApp: +27 82 836 5828

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Catch More Updates Below

LOCAL NEWS

HARARE — Zimbabwe has asked gold miners across the country to ramp up output to support the ZiG currency launched last month, according to...

WORLD NEWS

Rate shock” for British mortgage borrowers might not provide a boost for the banks Mortgage borrowers who were hoping for more affordable rates were...

LOCAL NEWS

A network of illegal mining tunnels going as deep as 1,5 kilometres beneath swathes of Kwekwe’s central business district and residential areas are putting...

BUSINESS NEWS

Mining companies in Zimbabwe, specializing in gold, chrome, diamond, and platinum, have collectively allocated only US$20 million for corporate social investments between 2018 and...

LOCAL NEWS

In a startling turn of events on Sunday, March 10th, the Prophetic Healing And Deliverance Ministries (PHD) found itself embroiled in a crisis as...

LOCAL NEWS

15 Trapped Redwing Miners Rescued! All 15 artisanal miners trapped at Redwing Mine in Penhalonga near Mutare when a shaft collapsed last week were...

Zimbabwe Politics

Simrac Group of Companies has been accused of bribing Kadoma Town Councillors to facilitate special mining grants at undesignated areas. The opposition led municipality...

LOCAL NEWS

Thomas Muzenda (38), an artisanal miner from Village 17 Mupukuta in Chireya Gokwe North, has been detained by Gokwe police in connection with the...

Advertisement

Copyright © 2023 ZiMetro News