Results for the Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) examinations taken in November 2022 are now out.
The council said they can be accessed on the ZIMSEC website from today 13 January 2023 from 1500 hrs.
ZIMSEC spokesperson Nicky Dlamini said a total of 37 518 candidates set for the Advanced Level examinations whose 2022 pass rate stood at 84, 67 per cent, a 3.68 per cent rise from the 2021’s figure.
To access the results, all you need to do is this:
Option A – Via the ZIMSEC website:
1. Visit the ZIMSEC website at www.zimsec.co.zw and you will be taken to the home page.
2. Click on “View Results” and you will be taken to a page that shows all the country’s 10 regions [R1-Harare, R2-Manicaland, R3-Mashonaland East, R4-Matabeleland North, R5-Midlands, R7-Masvingo, R7-Mashonaland Central, R8-Mashonaland West, R9-Matabeleland South, R10-Bulawayo].
3. Select the region where your school is located and proceed to the instructions for registration.
Option B- Via direct access to your school’s region:
1. The application portal is accessed via the Regional access links/addresses.
2. Copy and paste on the web browser address bar the link for the region where your school is located.
The portal addresses are as follows:
- R1 and R6 HARARE & MASVINGO – https://dcmv1.zimsec.co.zw
- R2 and R5 MANICALAND & MIDLANDS: https://dcmv2.zimsec.co.zw
- R4, R9 & R10 MATABELELAND NORTH & MATABELELAND SOUTH, BULAWAYO: https://dcmv3.zimsec.co.zw
- R3, R7 & R8 MASHONALAND EAST, MASHONALAND CENTRAL & MASHINALAND WEST : https://dcmv4.zimsec.co.zw
Creating an account
In order to register you will need your centre number, candidate number, and date of birth to create an account.
When entering the name of the candidate start with the Surname followed by the First Name and finally the initial for the second name, if there is one. If you start with the first name followed by the surname, you may get an error message saying “candidate details not found.”
You will also need to create a username and password for your account. Please remember these.
When you are done, entering all the details, click “Register.”
After you have registered and created your new account, you will be redirected to the home page.
You will need to log in using the username and password you would have entered.
After you enter the username and password, the ZIMSEC results portal will be opened.
Click on “Candidate Results” at the top and the results will be displayed.
In other news,
Man guns down Madzibaba, Wedza Officer-in-Charge
An ex-police officer is on the run after shooting and killing a prophet at a shrine before killing the officer in charge of Wedza Police Station on Friday afternoon.
“The suspect went to an apostolic sect church gathering in Wedza today at 2.30pm and fatally shot a prophet.
“He then pounced on police officers who had reacted to the shooting and shot dead Officer-in-Charge Wedza and another…continue reading