Recipes for your Family!
Today’s generation has grown up in restaurants and fast-food canteens and the tradition of cooking healthy nutritious meals together slowly starts to disappear.
Although the fast-food route might seem convenient, it comes at a price. Restaurant meals and fast foods are usually high in saturated fats, salt and artery clogging-cholesterol. But you can spare yourself from all these with smart home cooking habits and recipes.
Preparing and eating meals at home is a better choice for many reasons. Several studies have shown that people who cook more often, instead of getting fast food, have an overall healthier diet.
Home-cooked meals are usually healthier and taste better because the cook has control over the ingredients in meals prepared than at restaurants.
Learning how to plan healthy meals may save more money on your food budget, allowing you to save money to buy other necessities.
Here are a few good recipes to get you started:
NESTLÉ CREMORA Milk Tart Rusks
½ Cup NESTLÉ CREMORA ORIGINAL
1/3 Cup Warm Water
1 ½ Cups Cake Flour
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Cup (115g) Oil
2 Extra Large Eggs
1. Add NESTLÉ CREMORA ORIGINAL into a bowl
2. Add warm water and whisk until smooth
3. Set aside to cool
4. Sift cake flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt in another bowl
5. Add light brown sugar, oil and eggs to cooled NESTLÉ CREMORA ORIGINAL
6. Whisk until smooth
7. Pour mixture into baking tray until ¼ full
8. Bake at 180 Degrees Celsius for 60 minutes
9. When batter pulls away from sides of tray, it is ready
10. Take loaf out of tray and place on a rack to cool off
11. Cut loaf into 4 long strips then into rusk size rectangles
12. Place the rusks evenly spaced out on a cooling rack over a baking tray to create
13. Wedge a wooden spoon between oven and oven door to help keep door slightly
14. Bake at 90 Degrees Celsius with door still slightly ajar
15. The stored rusks can last for up to a month at room temperature
Frozen Milo Energy Pops
9 heaped tablespoons of NESTLÉ MILO
3 Teaspoons Sugar
80ml Hot Water
300ml Cold Water
1. Combine NESTLÉ MILO, sugar and hot water in a bowl
2. Mix until dissolved
3. Pour and stir in cold water
4. Pour the NESTLÉ MILO mixture into a popsicle mold or 5 ice candy bags
5. Store in the freezer overnight or until completely solid
6. Serve frozen
NESTLÉ CREMORA Chicken and Broccoli Crustless Quiche Cups
2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Steamed Broccoli, finely chopped
2 Spring Onions, Chopped
¾ cup Cheese, grated
½ Cup NESTLÉ CREMORA ORIGINAL
1 ¼ Cup Hot Water
4 Large Eggs
½ Teaspoon salt
½ Teaspoon black pepper
1. In a pan, sauté mushrooms with butter
2. Add steamed broccoli to pan and mix well
3. Remove pan from heat and add spring onions
4. Add shredded chicken
5. Spoon mixture into scone/cupcake baking tray
6. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of mixture
7. Into a jug, add NESTLÉ CREMORA ORIGINAL then hot water
8. Stir until smooth
9. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes
10. Add eggs to chilled NESTLÉ CREMORA ORIGINAL mixture
11. Season with salt and pepper
12. Stir until smooth and pour into chicken and broccoli mixture until full
13. Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
14. Take baking tray out of the oven
15. Sprinkle chopped spring onions and voilà, the perfect on the go breakfast.
NESTLÉ CEREVITA Smoothie
30g of NESTLÉ CEREVITA
120ml warm milk
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 20 seconds
2. Add some almonds and fresh berries on top for a crunchy, juicy start of the day.
NESTLÉ CREMORA Scones
500ml Self – Raising Flour
125ml NESTLÉ CREMORA Powder
50g Butter, cubed
1 Egg, Beaten
250ml Whipped Cream
1. Preheat Oven to 180-230 degrees Celsius
2. Sift flour and NESTLÉ CREMORA into a bowl
3. Rub in butter with finger tips until it resembles breadcrumbs
4. Gradually add water and mix to a soft dough
5. Turn out onto a floured-surface and knead gently
6. Pat dough out to 4cm thickness, then cut into circles using Pastry Cutter
7. Place close together on a greased oven tray and brush tops with beaten egg
8. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through
9. Remove from oven and leave to cool at room temperature
10. Serve topped with jam and whipped cream.
In other News On ZiMetro…
Methodist Reverend in Witchcraft Scandal, Names a Pig After Family Member and Slaughters It…Family Member Dies!
A pastor for the United Methodist Church has come under fire from family members who claim that she divides the family and does rituals.
The Mutasa District’s Reverend Lilian Mufute is the target of criticism from her family and several congregation members who saw what she did.
According to reports, Reverend Mufute performed ceremonies at her property with her brother-in-law, Josphat Mufute, a sangoma...more here