Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

LOCAL NEWS

Bezbets Fraud Case Discharge Application Set For Wednesday

Bezbets

The presiding magistrate is anticipated to render a decision on an application for discharge after the conclusion of the State’s case.

The trial in which betting company Bezbets is accused of defrauding a gambler who placed a bet and earned US$5, 400, is scheduled to resume on Wednesday.

Detective Walter Muri, the investigating officer, admitted to the court last week that the business had misled the plaintiff.

Detective Muri confirmed to the court that a ticket exists proving the complainant wagered and earned $5,400, which Bezbets is refusing to reimburse.

Also read: Chitungwiza Butcher Man ‘Farai Chezhira’ Impregnates 12-Year-Old

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The claim made was false: the Bezbets system predicted that the gambler would earn US$5400 after placing the bet.

Detective Muri said in court that he could not find any written evidence that Bezbets never places bets larger than US$50.

Detective Muri’s primary evidence led the State to close its case.

The complainant maintained from the beginning of the trial that he had been cheated of his money after winning a wager.

The bettor informed Mr. Kandiero that Bezbets abruptly altered the guidelines after realising he had won a wager.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

After that, Bezbets deleted my account to stop the proof. I declined their offer of US$1 800 because I had already won US$5400,” the man stated.

The punter further informed the court that Bezbets had filed a countercharge of fraud against him in an attempt to hide the offence, but that allegation was dropped during the screening process.

“I have been betting more than $50 for almost two years and have lost a lot of money, but on October 26, 2023, I won a bet, and Bezbets wouldn’t pay me.”

“Their roulette system allows you to play any amount up to US$10,000; there is nowhere on it that says US$50 is the maximum stake per bet,” he claimed.

The gambler further claimed that after recognising he had won, Bezbets had orally explained to him the maximum investment of US$50 per wager.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Robson Chinamasa, Bezbets’ manager, is in charge of the company.

When Chinamasa first appeared before Mr. Simon Kandiyero, he entered a not guilty plea on the company’s behalf to the fraud charges.

Also read: Godknows Machingura’s Killing Sparks Controversy…Family Demands Independent Inquiry

Mr. Thomas Chanakira, the prosecutor, said that the plaintiff wagered $394 on roulette on October 26 on the Bezbets online platform.

The site offered a $5,400 possible reward if the wager was successful. However, the business engaged the plaintiff with the intention of paying him US$1,800 but refused to pay him once he won.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Samkange Legal Practitioners and Brighton Pabwe from Venturas are Bezbets’ solicitors.

For feedback and comments, please contact ZiMetro News on WhatsApp: +27 82 836 5828.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Catch More Updates Below

LOCAL NEWS

Bezbets Fraud trial Judgment Day Set The fraud trial involving betting company Bezbets resumed yesterday after their application for discharge was dismissed and the...

LOCAL NEWS

The plaintiff in the fraud trial involving Bezbets, a betting company, is adamant that he was cheated of his money after winning a bet....

LOCAL NEWS

Fraudster Betting Company ‘Bezbets’ Trial Date Set! Harare magistrate Mrs Evelyn Mashavakure has set 22 January 2024, as the trial date for betting company,...

LOCAL NEWS

Harare | BEZBETS Betting Company was yesterday arraigned before Harare Magistrates Courts for allegedly refusing to pay a punter US$5,400 he won after placing...

Advertisement